He asked. You said YES! Now what? So many things to think about – date, location, food, DJ, photographer, cake, flowers, bridesmaids, maid of honor, groomsmen, best man, centerpieces, linens, food, drinks, favors, invitations – so many things to keep straight. But wait – we forgot the most important detail that everything else comes to together because of – THE DRESS!
You have been dreaming of your perfect wedding dress since you were a little girl playing Barbie® or dress up. Your style has probably changed over the years but your daydreaming of your wedding dress has only increased since he popped the question!
So where do you start? There are so many designers and styles and even colors now. Start looking at pictures – online, in bridal magazines, designer websites, and Pinterest®. Then make an appointment at your local small bridal shop. Here are some pointers to help you:
- Bring pictures of wedding dresses that you like but have an open mind when the bridal consultant has some suggestions – think outside the box!
- Try the wedding dresses on – even if you do not think you are going to like it when it is on the hanger – try it on – they look so different on!
- Bring a few close family or friends who are going to be completely honest – you want to look and feel exceptional on your wedding day!
- Not all wedding dresses are going to be figure-flattering – don’t get upset or frustrated – your bridal consultant will begin to show you dresses that flatter your figure and meet the style and vision of your wedding!
- Have FUN! Trying on wedding dresses to marry the man of your dreams should be FUN – try on some crazy dresses you never thought you would ever like – who knows, it may be the ONE!
Remember to be comfortable in your wedding dress and your entire outfit – you are going to be in it a very long time on your big day! At Bella Rose Bridal Boutique, we frequently ask our brides 3 questions:
- Do you feel beautiful?
- Are you comfortable?
- Do you feel like a bride?
Today brides choose their wedding dresses on their own personal style and comfort. The strapless dress is still the most popular but now designers have dresses with all types of sleeves, straps, necklines and accessories. Whether you want simple and elegant or lace or bling, there is a perfect wedding dress for you out there. Also, some brides are actually buying 2 wedding dresses – a more traditional formal wedding gown for the ceremony and a short wedding dress or even a pantsuit for the reception so they can be even more comfortable.
Tulle, lace and organza are still the most commonly used fabrics for wedding gowns but satin is making a comeback. The time of year your wedding is will determine your fabric a little – you may not want to wear a heavy satin ball gown in mid-July. And the newest thing on some of the wedding dresses – POCKETS! You can put your tissues in there for when you cry reciting your vows to the man you love.
At Bella Rose Bridal Boutique, we pride ourselves on being a no pressure environment – we are not car salesman and we do not work on commission – we want you to buy a wedding dress that makes you feel and look beautiful!